We've got lots of interactive activities giving you the opportunity to explore the oceans.
Make, experiment and get hands-on with science.
- Make your own narwhal to take home
Find out why they have tusks and how people have used their tusks to create objects.
- Did you know water striders can walk on water?
Explore why they can do this and make your own water strider to test this out.
- Help create a house that will withstand coastal erosion.
How does coastal erosion happen and why. What can we do to help?
- Listen to sounds of the sea and try to work out which animals is making them.
Meet a scientist who spends a lot of their time at sea studying marine animals to understand how they live.
- Study sea eco systems and work out who is eating who in the food chain
Plankton are a crucial to the ocean food chains, what do they eat and who eats them?
- Find out about plastic pollution on the remote island of Aldabra
including what effects plastic pollution is having on this island, watch a documentary to see more.
See real museum specimen to understand these mysterious creatures and what they look like.
- Meet scientists who are using jellyfish genes to fight cancer