Inspired by Insects is a Key Stage 2 Science Club offering four one-hour sessions designed to give young people a buzz about British insects! Ideal as a ready-to-go after school club, or you may like to use these resources to enhance your Science curriculum.
The Inspired by Insects Science Club will:
- Help young people discover the wonderful world of British insects through the Museum’s collection and by exploring insects in their local habitats.
- Develop an awareness of local natural history and a desire to care for it for the future.
- Support young people’s development as Scientists by developing new skills including insect classification, insect collection techniques and skills in scientific investigation.
- Link young people to the Museum by inviting them to contact the experts.
- Increase young people’s science capital, encouraging them to consider museums and science as relevant to their life choices.