Hermit Crab Hand Puppet
Show your appreciation for this creative crustacean by making a hermit crab hand puppet. Can you think of any other animals that have a hard shell for protection?
To make this craft, you will need:
- Hermit crab craft printable template, printed onto thin card (or printed onto paper and stick onto card)
- Elastic band
- Colouring and decorating materials
- Hole punch/pencil
- Colour in the spiral part of the hermit crab's shell, as well as the claws and eye stalks.
- Cut around the edge of the shell and claws. Cut along the marked line.
- Roll the shell and glue it in place to form a cone shape.
- Make holes over the black circles on the shell.
- Push the elastic band through both of the holes so that you create two small loops underneath the shell for your fingers.
- Cut out the eye stalks and eyes. Glue the eyes to the end of each stalk.
- Glue the eye stalks under the front of the shell so your hermit crab is peeping out.
- Pop your hand in and scuttle away.